Military Club



António Alexandrino de Melo "Barão do Cercal"| Irene O, A. Bruno Soares (renovation)

1870 | 1995 (renovation)

Reservation required



Commented Visits

Sunday: , ,

A. Bruno Soares, Manuel Geraldes Dress code: Tracksuits, short pants or other sportswear are not acceptable.


Maximum people per visit: 20

Visit languages: English, Cantonese, Mandarin Chinese

Photography allowed: Yes

Child friendly: Yes

Wheelchair access: No

Toilet available: Yes


The Military Club was built in 1872. This building serves as a recreation area for the members of the Military Club. Between 1941 and 1945 it served as a shelter for refugees from Hong Hong. In 1945, the Repartição da Fazenda (Treasury) was installed there. In 1953, the building name was changed to Clube Militar. The architecture project is attributed to Barão do Cercal. At the time it was built, the building was facing the Praia Grande bay (Nam Van). This one-storey building of neoclassical features, includes columns and pilasters supporting the upper balustrade and the circular arched pediment, with its framed spans open to the wide balconies.


Avenida da Praia Grande, Nº 975

View in Google Maps

Buses: 2A, 5, 5X, 6, 7A, 8, 8A, 9, 9A, 10, 10B, 12, 22, 25, 25X, 28B, H1, N2